The Versatile Blogger Award
Last weekend, Angi at Schneider Peeps left me a very nice comment mentioning that she nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you! Angi writes a wonderful blog about her home and family life with her husband and 6 children. Her blog covers books, beekeeping, raising chickens, crafts, gardening, recipes, schooling and sewing. As you can see her blog is very versatile. I especially love Angi’s sidebar list detailing her garden harvest and everything she has put up for the year. Way to grow girl! Angi’s family is just starting out in their beekeeping adventure and were lucky enough to get a great deal on a stash of used equipment to help them expand their beekeeping hobby. How many of you would love to find a deal like this one!
I really appreciate being nominated for this award and I’m so excited to nominate several of my favorite bloggers!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other Bloggers for the award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other Bloggers know they have been nominated.
Seven random facts:
- In college, I studied to be a Marine Biologist. I even received a grant to work at the Marine Bio Labs in Woods Hole for a short time. I loved it there and hope someday to move back.
- When I was in grade school my nickname was Anita Chiquita with fruit on her head.
- I’m learning to raise chickens and it’s trial by fire. Some day soon I hope the coop will be complete because they are getting big fast!
- In what seems like a lifetime ago, I directed and edited a short film that was shown in film festivals around the world including the Palm Springs International Film Festival, Seattle International Film Festival and the Philadelphia Film Festival.
- I am an avid cook, obsessive canner, fermented food lover, dehydrator, locavore and all around food preserver.
- I love gardening. I got my green thumb from my grandmother.
- In sixth grade I did a report on honeybees for a science fair and won first place. I think that’s where my love of honeybees began.
Here’s the 15 bloggers I’m nominating:
Urban Farm And Beehives
Suburban Homestead Garden
The New Me
The Backyard Pioneer
The Bee Lady
Mind Body And Sole
Saving The Big Money
The Idea Girl
Jessica P. Bees
You are all awesome and deserve this award. Thank you for all you do!