The pollen was orange and the bees had an abundance of it.
I wish I knew what it was – snowdrop or crocus pollen perhaps? Just a few more weeks until spring but my girls have decided not to wait. All day long they were busy bringing pollen into the hive.
This cute little honeybee even stopped by to say hello to me before returning to the hive.
After tasting my hand with her proboscis, she began to clean it. I must not taste very good to a honeybee.
All this activity reminds it’s only 5 more weeks until my new packages arrive and the beekeeping frenzy starts all over again. I can’t wait!
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- Blue Pollen, Honeybees and Siberian Squill
- How To Plant A Bee Friendly Garden
- So Many Bees, So Little Honey
- Bees On A Roof In A Hurricane
- Bees Are Not Claustrophobic