Making A Package Of Bees From A Top Bar Hive With Sam Comfort
At the Treatment Free Beekeeping Conference last month, Sam Comfort demonstrated how to make a package of bees from a top bar hive. For his funnel he used 4 pieces of cardboard taped together and attached it to a yogurt container with the bottom removed so it could fit inside the package box. After the package was complete he removed the funnel and stapled a piece of cardboard to the top of the box to close it off.
Here is a closeup picture of the package and funnel. That piece of cardboard on top of the package will be used to cover the hole when the funnel is removed.
Want to watch the package being made? Check out this video below.
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
- Microbes & Bees Plus How To Light A Smoker & Other Hive Inspection Tips
- Top Bar Hive Honey Harvest With Sam Comfort
- Top Bar Hive – A New Member In My Bee Family
- Treatment Free Beekeeping Conference Plus “What Bees Need”
- Michael Bush At The Treatment Free Beekeeper’s Conference